Friday, October 24, 2014

A Personal Story

Dear Readers,

This is a personal story about the time I went to Speed Raceway.





Audio recording and upload >>

I walked into the building with buffed glass doors. A man said to us,”Welcome to Speed Raceway, You can sign up over there.” He said with his finger pointing to a row of computers. I walked over to the computers and saw the rest of the luxurious building. I ask my dad if he is going to race to. I already knew the answer in my head. He said no. Then i asked if he could help fill out the information on to the computer. He said sure.


 “What should be my racing name dad?” I asked my dad with my fingers resting on the keyboard.


 “Maybe just Jack Farrell.” He responded.


 “Okay” I said.


  I saw my friend Aiden and ran over to him.


 “Aiden, happy birthday” I wished to Aiden


 “Oh! hi Jack. Thanks for coming” He thanked.


 “Thanks for inviting me” I said.


 “should we go tell my mom your here?” He asked.


 “Okay” I told him.


  We ran over to the party room and i gave his mom Aiden’s present.


 “All racers for Aiden’s birthday party, please come to the track” announced the intercom.


 “Okay boys let's go to the track” Said Aiden’s mom.


  we all walked over to the track.


 “Is this Aiden's Party?” Asked an employee.


 “Yes” Said Aiden’s mom.


 “Okay guys, my name is John and i’ll be helping you guys race today so lets just go over some flags and what they mean. Green means go, Yellow means first lap, Ornge means second, red means third and checkered means stop”. The employee informed us.


 He pulled out a go cart.


 “To move the cart, you step on this pedal. The break is right here on this pedal. Last but not least, the reverse switch is right here, but you probably won’t need to go in reverse mode. Okay guys, thats all you need to know. Are you guys ready to do some racing!?


 “YEAH!”we all screeched.


 “Okay guys lets put on your helmets and get into our carts.”


  We all put on our helmets. While i was putting on my helmet something sparked. I was… scared. I started to sweat. My stomach felt horrible, I felt like I was going to throw up. I felt like i would crash. I felt nervous.  I had never raced a car before and I was terrified!


 “But the, wait, huh, so fast.” I said under my breath.


 “Okay guys lets get into our carts.” said the employee.


 “Oh-no this is not going to turn out right.”


  we all scattered to different carts, except me. I walked as slowly as i could. I dropped into my cart. The light went from red… to green.


 “ZZZOOM” The wheels on the cart forced against the concrete track.


 “AAAHH!” I yelled.


  The cars took off at full speed. I was in second place to third and third to fourth and fourth to fifth and fifth to last place. And in last place i was all the way till the last lap i really had to step on it now so i did. Last place to fifth, fifth to fourth, fourth to third, third to second, and second to first. And i stayed in first place all the way to the finish line.


 “I won!” I yelled.


  I stepped out of my cart. my legs felt warm and sea sick.


 “Time for cake”Announced Aiden’s mom.    


           

  

No comments:

Post a Comment